Below are some tips for coloring stubborn hairline gray with henna hair colors or henna hair dyes.
I have had a few people ask me this question “henna hair color works great for me, but it doesn’t seem to cover the stubborn hairline gray, what should I do?” This is not because henna hair color doesn’t cover gray but the reason for this is because, you guessed it, the gray along your hairline are resistant to henna hair colors and the solution to cover the gray is very simple.
- Slather on the henna hair color on your hairline really thick to where the hair is completely covered and you can’t see the hair at all and then some, more the better, just layer it on.
- Another tip is to leave the henna color on for an extra hour from what you normally do. This should further help with color absorption and covering of the gray. Keep the color on your hair for 3.5 – 4 hours.
- Also, when you’re covering the hairline, to make sure you got it all, start from beyond the hairline to make sure you’ve covered it all with henna hair color.
- Also, make sure to mix your own henna or henna and indigo colors and follow the right processes so their optimum level colors are released.
- Make sure to add a bit lemon juice, orange juice or apple cider to your henna mix for optimum color release.
Let us know about your experiences with covering stubborn gray hair. Have these simple techniques worked for you? Please feel free to comment and share your experiences with using henna hair colors/dyes and do share useful tips too.